Friday, March 23, 2007

ShmooCon 07 Day One (well mid day maybe)

For those that don't believe that I'm here - here is my notebook, and official ShmooCon 07 badge. So there.. Kind of my poor-man's conference two-factor authentication. Something I've had for a while, and something I have now.

There also happens to be some type of Medical Professional conference here at the Wardman Park , too. The Society for Behavioral Medicine , or something like. I can think of no two better segments of society to be collocated for several days… While milling around this morning, it was quite funny to watch each group watching each other. Kind of like wolves and sheep, maybe? TSG has set some pretty strict rules about not hacking the locals – hopefully most will comply. So far – some of the familiar faces – Simple Nomad of course (who could miss him? - interesting boots by the way) although he doesn’t know me (only met twice), and rumor has it that our own SBN Martin McKeay is here too, apparently hosting a party this evening at Chipotle over on Connecticut Ave. We’ll see if they let me in. I’m apparently way overdressed for this venue, with my Dockers and Polos. Oh well.. I’ll change the color of my Polo tomorrow. Maybe I’ll blend in better tomorrow when everyone (mostly) is hungover..





Bill P

No comments: